As season starts, parents can tend to be filled with tons of emotions: joy, excitement, fear, nervousness, etc. All are normal and should be felt if your son is going to play on Friday, Saturday or even Sunday. Here are a couple of things to remember….
- You aren’t the first parent to go through this and you won’t be the last. Just like I tell my Long Snappers, if someone else has done it, so can you.
- Know that your son is well prepared. Odds are, if you are reading this, your son has been to a Rubio Long Snapping camp in the past couple months and got great instruction. Not only did he, but you did so as well. Remember when I brought you on the field? I don’t do that just because I want to spray with some people closer to my age. I do it so you can learn and teach your son when I am not around….and you have been doing that, right:)
- Review the mental aspect with your son before the game. Remind him, and yourself, that he, and you, are ready for this and he, and you, will dominate the moment.
- Make sure you hire someone else to film the game (one of your son’s friends or something….”Hey Johnny, here’s ten bucks, film the whole game, do it well, keep the camera on the Long Snapper and keep quiet”) so you can focus on the whole experience and not be stuck behind a camera seeing the game through a three inch screen.
- Prepare for the game with your son. After he snaps a great ball, you will want to give him signals to show him how great he did…thumbs up, big outstretched arms emulating a Rubio hug, blow him a kiss (get his lady friends involved).
Breathe. Have fun. Believe in your son. Have confidence in him. Trust me, it will overflow into him.
Enjoy every single moment you have with your children. This is an incredible time in your life and you need to embrace every single second of it.
Rubio Long Snapping is, by far, the biggest and best resource for Long Snappers in the country. Offering the best instruction and most exposure in the world. Rubio Long Snapping can help you to become the best snapper you can be!
In just 12 years, Chris Rubio, President and Owner of Rubio Long Snapping, has become the #1 Long Snapping instructor in the country and the go-to man when a college coach needs a Long Snapper. Colleges from across the country rely on “Rubio’s” word day in and day out on who the best Long Snappers are in the country. Rubio Long Snapping has assisted in over 300 Long Snappers earning FULL SCHOLARSHIPS to major colleges and universities just for Long Snapping and many into the NFL as well.