As you know, hopefully, Chris Sailer and I have posted the schedule of college camps we will be running this summer. Trust me when I tell you, we could have run another 30 of them for the coaches that asked us, but we simply don’t have time.
BIGGEST THING TO KNOW ABOUT COLLEGE CAMPS is to NOT wear yourself out by trying to hit all of them. As a Long Snapper, you should hit about three. Think of yourself like a pitcher in baseball…you have a pitch count. The more you snap, the worse you will do. One bad performance can crush you in recruiting as all coaches speak to each other. DO NOT waste your time and money by hitting too many camps.
Here are the top five questions regarding the college camps (Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Oregon, Cal, Miami, Georgia, Washington, Cincinnati)….
- How do you get invited? You don’t. They are open to all 8th graders – JC. Some schools might be a tad different so check on their respective site. Younger Long Snappers should focus on the regional Rubio Long Snapping camps and FBU.
- How do I sign up for the camp(s)? You go to their football site and register. You can also call the football office.
- At what age do you recommend my son goes to a college camp? The time to shine will be in between his junior and senior summer (unless you are a freak, in a good way, and then I would highly recommend dominating between sophomore and junior year). However, I personally recommend going as early as possible to cut the jitters. It can be very stressful snapping in front of a high profile coach and you want to get the feeling out of the way early, when they most likely won’t be paying attention to you.
- Will the camp(s) be run like your personal camps? Not really. I am hired to run their camp so I am on their schedule. If they want 40 minutes of blocking, that’s what we will be doing. If a coach wants to see John Smith snap thirty in a row, that’s what they get. These camps are more showcases. PLEASE NOTE: I will NOT, under any circumstances, have my Long Snappers just snap to snap. I know that is ignorant and I won’t stand for it. DOUBLE PLEASE NOTE: if you are at a college camp that Rubio Long Snapping is not running, godspeed.
- Will you be ranking from the college camps? No. Per NCAA rules, I am not allowed to rank and/or evaluate from the college camps. You could be absolutely phenomenal and I would not be able to rank you or invite to the TOP 12 and EVENT ELITE Camp. If you are at a college camp and someone does invite you to their “invite only” camp, they are breaking a very big rule.
If you any other questions, please feel free to comment on this blog so I can answer it and maybe clear up someone else’s confusion as well.
Rubio Long Snapping is, by far, the biggest and best resource for Long Snappers in the country. Offering the best instruction and most exposure in the world. Rubio Long Snapping can help you to become the best snapper you can be!
In just 12 years, Chris Rubio, President and Owner of Rubio Long Snapping, has become the #1 Long Snapping instructor in the country and the go-to man when a college coach needs a Long Snapper. Colleges from across the country rely on “Rubio’s” word day in and day out on who the best Long Snappers are in the country. Rubio Long Snapping has assisted in over 300 Long Snappers earning FULL SCHOLARSHIPS to major colleges and universities just for Long Snapping and many into the NFL as well.