Here is the Pre-Season Watch List for The Chris Rubio Award!
Please note: you do NOT have to be on this list to win the award in January!!!
LONG SNAPPER QUALIFICATIONS
What is the Award?
The Award will be presented on an annual basis to the best national high school Long Snapper for that given season.
Who Is Eligible?
Every athlete that plays high school football at the varsity level, regardless of state division, or age. You DO NOT have to attend a Rubio Long Snapping / Chris Sailer Kicking camp to win this award.
How Do You Win?
- You will have to be the starter for your high school varsity team.
- You must not have more than one bad snap all season (snap that gets by the punter or the holder).
- You must do both punt and p.a.t. snaps.
- If you have to snap and block for your team, that is looked at in higher regard.
- The amount of tackles is taken into consideration with the voting.
- You must have started in 80% of the current year’s games for your varsity team.
- A Long Snapper’s physical size is NOT taken into consideration in the voting.
- Other positions played are NOT taken into consideration for voting.
- You may be viewed by Chris Rubio in person, send in film, have a high school head coach’s recommendation, college special team’s coach recommendation or sports writer’s recommendation to be considered eligible.
- A panel of voters assembled by the Chris Rubio selection committee will vote for the winner.
How Does the Voting Take Place?
A panel of voters assembled by the Chris Rubio selection committee will be voting. The panel will include: Chris Rubio, past and current NFL Long Snappers, past and current NCAA Long Snappers, past finalists for the Chris Rubio Award (once they graduate from college), and Sports writers and columnists.
August: A Watch List of 15 Long Snappers will be announced each year before the high school football season begins. The players on the Watch List were selected based on statistics from the previous season and upcoming season expectations. The eventual winner does NOT have to be on the Watch List to win the awards.
November: Ten Semi-Finalists are announced. The Semi-Finalists will be determined by committee selection.
December: The Three Finalists are announced. The Finalists will be determined by total votes. 3 points (1st Place Vote), 2 points (2nd Place Vote), 1 Point (3rd Place Vote). In the case of a tie, Chris Rubio will break the tie with his vote.
January : The winner will be announced in Las Vegas on Friday, January 13, 2017. The winner will be determined by total votes. 3 points (1st Place Vote), 2 points (2nd Place Vote), 1 Point (3rd Place Vote).
In the case of a tie, Chris Rubio will break the tie with his vote.
Submit your season total stats (total snaps) each week to Chris Rubio by emailing them to Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com Please submit the following:
Total Number of Punts:
Total Number of P.A.T’s:
Total Number of tackles:
Misc (fumble recovery, etc):
Please note: You may create a highlight tape for the judges but it cannot exceed one minute in length. It must be emailed to Rubio@RubioLongSnapping.com with a YouTube link.
*All statistics will have to be verified by your high school head coach before you can be announced as a Finalist.